On-Premise Installation Guide
This document guides system administrators in a step-by-step process to install Data+ 5 on premise.
What do I need in order to start?
- SQL Server
- IIS with Web Platform Installer
- Open firewall (Details)
- Sublime text editor
- Our installation files
Data+ 5 system requirements
The system and hardware requirements to run Data+ are listed below. For information about earlier versions, contact our support. Data+ 5 does not include any deprecated features.
- Operating system requirements
- Hardware requirements
- SQL Server requirements & SSMS
- Firewall settings
- Domain setup
- IIS configuration
- Install SSL Certificate
- Install PHP & Configuration
- Install Git
- Install Composer
- Add PATH Variables
- Add Scheduled Task
- Supported web browsers
- Cloud deployment
Operating system requirements
The following 32/64-bit operating systems satisfy the minimum operating system requirements.
|Supported operating systems||Comments|
|Windows Server 2016 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2014 R2 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2014 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2012 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter||Latest update|
|Windows Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter||Latest update|
Prior and future updates or service packs on these operating systems are supported unless otherwise stated. The operating system version and updates must also be supported by the operating system provider.
|Supported operating systems||Latest update or service pack tested|
Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise
Windows 8.1 Pro and Enterprise
Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, Enterprise, and Home Premium
The minimum RAM requirement for Data+
Web Server: 4GB.
SQL Server: 8GB
For a production environment, minimum hardware requirements are not listed because the user and business needs of the software may vary. These requirements must be considered in determining hardware needs to meet performance and scalability expectations.
Data+ requires a minimum of 5 GB of available disk space.
Install a compatible SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) version
Data+ communicates on ports
HTTP(S) – 80, 433 – according to your implementation.
Email – 25, 587 – according to your mail server.
Required ports: 8443, 22, 1433.
It also requires the ability to communicate with the external domains:
You’ll need to open the above on your firewall before installing the software. (Git Source)
We usually recommend to create the domain “dataplus.yoursite.com” and redirect “http://dataplus/” to the full URL in order to enable users easy access to the system. You can decide on any domain name.
- Log into your IIS server.
- Once logged, click Start, select Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Under the Connections menu, right-click the server name, and then click Add Web Site.
- Enter the following:
- Site name: dataplus.example.com (where example.com is the name of your domain name).
- Physical path: Click …, and then enter c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DATAPLUS_INSTALLATION_FOLDER\public (where DATAPLUS_INSTALLATION_FOLDER is the name of the folder).
- Binding: Port 80.
- Hostname: dataplus.example.com (where example.com is the name of your domain name).
- Click OK.
- Allow PUT and DELETE verbs:
- Go to Handler Mappings
- PHPXX_via_FastCGI (XX = the version you are using)
- Edit (right click) > Request Restrictions > Verbs
- Add PUT and DELETE to the list
Install SSL certificate
- Click Start, mouse-over Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Services Manager.
- In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, select your server.
- Scroll to the bottom, and then double-click Server Certificates.
- From the Actions panel on the right, click Complete Certificate Request….
- To locate your certificate file, click ….
- In the Open window, select *.* as your file name extension, select your certificate (it might be saved as a .txt, .cer, or .crt), and then click Open.
- In the Complete Certificate Request window, enter a Friendly name for the certificate file, and then click OK. For Wildcard SSL certificates make sure your Friendly Name to matches your Common Name (i.e. *.example.com).
- In the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window, select the name of the server where you installed the certificate.
- Click + beside Sites, select the site to secure with the SSL certificate.
- In the Actions panel on the right, click Bindings….
- Click Add….
- In the Add Site Binding window:
- For Type, select https.
- For IP address, select All Unassigned, or the IP address of the site.
- For Port, type 443.
- For SSL Certificate, select the SSL certificate you just installed, and then click OK.
- Close the Site Bindings window.
- Close the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager window. Your SSL certificate installation is complete.
Install PHP / PHP.INI Configuration
If you are using IIS 8, you can install PHP easily with Microsoft’s Guide.
Install PHP, SQL connectors & URL Rewrite. Add the ldap extension and change the configurations.
If you are not using IIS 8 –
- Install PHP 7 (NTS – non thread safe)
- Install SQL Server extensions (pdo & pdo_sql) – (Microsoft Official Download)
- Enable/Install extensions:
- Change configurations
- max_execution_time = -1
- max_upload_size = 100M
Validate github connection: https://help.github.com/articles/testing-your-ssh-connection
Install Composer (globally)
Validate composer connection: https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md#general
Add PHP & Git as PATH Variables
- Click the Advanced system settings link.
- Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the
PATHenvironment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the
PATHenvironment variable does not exist, click
- In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the
PATHenvironment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
- Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.
Add Scheduled Task
Run this scheduled task every 1 minute.
- Enter scheduled tasks.
- Create a basic task, repeating daily
- Trigger: daily at 12:00:00
- Action: run program
- Select php.exe & edit command: artisan scheduled:run
- Change the “repeat task every” field to 1 minute. Note: it seems like it’s not an option, but just write “1” or “1 minute”.
Make sure to backup Data+ on a daily basis.
Data+ has internal restoring mechanisms for lost data.
Supported web browsers
Data+ requires one of the following web browsers to be installed:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 10 [basic functionallity], or 11+)
- Microsoft Edge
You can deploy Data+ in the cloud. Many organizations do this to increase performance and capacity without having to buy and configure new hardware. We provide Data+ virtual machine images on two popular cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.